BRYTER is a remote-first organization that started in Germany but is now spread all over Europe and expanding into the US. Since being founded in 2018, we’ve grown to more than 175 people.
We enable business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We especially cater to experts in law, finance, tax, and compliance by helping them automate and standardize decision-making.
Working as a Chief Information Security Officer at BRYTER
As our CISO, you will play a key leadership role in enabling the organization to grow fast while maintaining the highest security and compliance standards. It’s your responsibility to build and lead a best-in-class information security team while maintaining a hands-on attitude and do the necessary work yourself.
What you’ll do
- Define and oversee the global information security strategy at BRYTER.
- Build and lead a best-in-class information security team that aligns with BRYTER business objectives.
- Work closely with the executive management to drive IT and security initiatives that mitigate threats and drive business growth. Act as an advisor to the executive leadership in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a strong cybersecurity program and infrastructure.
- Establish, communicate, and monitor information security goals and new programs effectively with other departments.
- Develop and report on metrics to measure the effectiveness of security programs.
- Identify risks and prevent vulnerabilities, including the evaluation and recommendation of all technical and business controls.
- Evaluate the rollout of new security hardware/software.
- Collaborate with engineers and developers to ensure that the system and application are designed with the best security practices in mind.
- Be accountable and lead projects in line with SOC2, ISO 27001, and GDPR standards.
- Be accountable for implementing and maintaining security policies and procedures and assembling proof of implementation. Work closely with HR, Legal, Product, and Commercial departments to ensure compliance across the organization.
- Manage information security vendor relationships in accordance with policies and budgets for information security.
- Act as the main point of contact for customers and auditors concerning audits, assessments, and general compliance.
- Follow a hands-on approach: BRYTER is a fast-growing company, and so we will need your leadership as well as your implementation skills.
What we believe you should bring
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an IT and/or security role such as CISO, CIO, or Director of IT / Security.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in technical security scanning, penetration testing, application security testing, security engineering, and/or security analyst teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build successful teams with exceptional people management skills – you’ll be growing a team and care deeply about their development and contribution.
- Experience creating and implementing an overall security posture for a company, including information security policies and standards.
- Experience building strong relationships and credibility across all functions of an organization.
- Ideally, experience working in and securing a remote-first company.
- Demonstrated experience in frameworks and standards for regulatory and security compliance such as Common Control Framework (CCF), ISO 27001, SOC2, OWASP, NIST 800-53, and/or NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF).
Benefits of working with us
Besides offering a welcoming, human-centred, flexible, remote-first workplace, we offer some additional perks to our workers as well.
Learning, conferences & training
We view continuous learning and professional development as indispensable. Therefore we provide you with a generous, yearly training and conference budget that you can use at your own discretion.
Furthermore, as a remote-first company, we care that your workplace at home is safe and healthy. And so we provide a yearly allowance that you can spend on items to equip a more productive and healthy working space for you.
If you sometimes work from a co-working space, then we’re happy to support you with a monthly budget.
ESOP − Employee stock ownership program
We offer optional participation in our employee stock ownership program.
How to apply?
We encourage everyone to apply, even if they feel they might not fulfil all listed requirements fully. We’d like you to give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We’re curious to hear from you and learn what you believe you’d bring to the role and the team.
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments, and support can make a decisive difference in the interviewing process. Please let us know if you need any accommodations (specific tools, more time, additional breaks etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, and we’ll do our best to meet them.