Finance and Operations Leader supporting the CEO
Being a Chief of Staff with us
In short: You are both a head of finance and a head of operations You are dealing with numbers and data as much as with projects and process management and you support our CEO in strategy matters.
The Chief of Staff position with us is both a financial leader within the organization as well as the key administrator. Also, the CoS will be handling strategic tasks and projects and support the CEO. The role will be about striking the balance between a thorough, data driven analyst on the one side and a structured, senior project manager on the other side.
Together with our CEO, the CoS will be leading all aspects of BRYTER’s finances and operations. On the financial, analytics side this means handling the financial forecasting, budget planning and KPI reporting as well as research and KPI-centered tasks with aspects of revenue and cost center planning. On the managerial side the CoS will essentially be responsible for enabling our CEO to be as effective as possible in whatever capacity makes sense, e.g. manage and triage workflows of our CEO, handle detailed work such as scheduling, preparing agendas and projects and prioritize, delegate, and complete work on behalf of the executive. The Chief of Staff will set up, drive and analyze projects, both as an independent owner and in collaboration with the leadership team of the company.
As the CEO is responsible for the Growth and Marketing Units, the role includes tasks of growth strategy and marketing and communication planning, such as budgeting, project management and hiring.
At BRYTER we are building of our diverse, encouraging and hands-on culture. We are looking for skill, talent and enthusiasm but we are also hiring for culture fit. Hence, we are seeking, a bright, high energy individual to thrive in a challenging international environment. But also someone who is curious, with a passion to learn and contribute and someone who will proactively offer support and advice where needed.
As a Financial Analyst and Investment Manager, the Chief of Staff will
- Fully own financial modelling/budgeting and KPIs, create monthly reportings and forecast with the CEO.
- Own Financial KPIs and auditing with external partners.
- Support the fundraising process and own financial and operations support.
- Prepare Board Meetings and Boards Packs, manage investor updates and support in Investor pitch decks.
- Have experience with M&A and various financing instruments.
As an Operations Manager and Strategic Support, the Chief of Staff will
- Drive executive-level operations – strategic and OKR planning, business reviews.
- Support in strategic tasks and projects of the founders and the CEO, e.g. go-to-market strategies, partnerships, including high-level aspects of tasks inversecting with vertical units, such as core hiring, business intelligence, growth marketing, product strategy.
- Perform extensive research, benchmarking, and data analytics, help determine KPIs and update dashboards as needed; assist in presentations and strategic collateral.
- Strategically manage leaders’ time: Working with executive assistants, external consultants, including long-term travel and meeting plans, and assess their fit against priorities. Manage other members of the “office of the CEO”, e.g. executive assistant and special projects managers, speech writers, etc.
- Organize, prepare for and follow up on meetings.
- Identify, define, manage and drive ad hoc special projects and initiatives – Partnerships, M&A diligence, product-focused exploration, metrics overhaul, customer research.
- The Chief of Staff will report directly to and work closely with the CEO.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- B.Sc./M.Sc./MBA degree in Tech, Mathematics, Business or a related field.
- You “have seen it before” – either in management consulting, venture capital, investment banking, corporate strategy, product management, or similar.
- You have a strong experience in financial analysis and modelling.
- You have experience in operating within regulatory-heavy industries like Law, Tax, Banking, Financial Services, Insurance and you have a clear understanding of the professional service markets.
- You know and have experienced the challenges to manage high velocity projects in a challenging, high professional environment, you are used to delivering under pressure. That means you are self-directed, resourceful, and comfortable with operating in ambiguity.
- Highly analytical and creative nature, with an ability to roll up sleeves and “go deep” as needed to improve performance and outcomes.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to summarize and present complex topics effectively to a wide audience.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly identify areas for improvement and implement necessary changes within a fast-paced environment.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to shape the global growth and strategic set-up of a hypergrowth SaaS player.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial environment that encourages and fosters career development and fast learning.
- Full remote working environment.
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality.
- Opportunities to build and develop your personal network.
- Opportunity to influence and drive our marketing strategy and participate in scaling a great product to global reach with extremely fast growth.
- A competitive salary reflecting intense and demanding engagement. Participation in the Company ESOP.
BRYTER is the no-code service automation platform that enables business experts to build digital applications. The truly no-code platform gives enterprise teams the tools to build self-service applications to provide faster, more accurate services to their colleagues, without programming. BRYTER is especially geared to professionals in law, compliance, accounting and finance, who use the software to automate complex, recurring decisions and scenarios. Global brands from McDonalds and ING, through to professional service firms like Deloitte, PwC and KPMG, use BRYTER to deliver services digitally. BRYTER is a remote-first company with hubs in New York, London, Frankfurt and Berlin.
Start a conversation with us! Just say hi, tell us why you’re interested in working with us and attach your CV and any portfolio material.