BRYTER is a remote-first organization which started in Germany but is now spread all over Europe and expanding into the US. Since being founded in 2018, we’ve grown to more than 175 people.
We enable business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We especially cater to experts in law, finance, tax, and compliance by helping them automate and standardize decision-making.
Working as an Information Security Manager at BRYTER
As our Information Security Manager, you will play a key role in enabling the organization to grow fast while maintaining the highest security and compliance standards. It’s your responsibility to create compliance programs, manage our ISMS and lead initiatives for improving our GDPR, ISO 27001 and SOC2 compliance.
What you will do
- Create compliance programs and lead initiatives for improving our ISO 27001 and SOC2 compliance
- Manage and continuously improve our Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Build relationships and work closely with IT, HR, Legal to ensure compliance across the organization
- Work closely with our legal team on Data Privacy, GDPR, and DPO initiatives
- Research and help implement the best software to support our fast-paced GRC program
- Act as one of the points of contact for customers and auditors concerning assessments and general compliance
- Build relationships and work closely with account executives and customer success managers on managing assessments
What we believe you should bring
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in frameworks and standards for regulatory and security compliance such as:
- Common Control Framework (CCF)
- ISO 27001 (Required)
- SOC2 (Desired)
- NIST 800-53
- and/or NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- The ability to communicate complex security risks and compliance requirements to non-technical staff
Benefits of working with us
Besides offering a welcoming, human-centred, flexible, remote-first workplace, we offer some additional perks to our workers as well.
Learning, conferences & training
We view continuous learning and professional development as indispensable. Therefore we provide you with a generous, yearly training and conference budget that you can use at your own discretion.
Furthermore, as a remote-first company we care that your workplace at home is safe and healthy. And so we provide a yearly allowance that you can spend on items to equip a more productive and healthy working space for you.
If you sometimes work from a co-working space, then we’re happy to support you with a monthly budget.
ESOP − Employee stock ownership program
We offer optional participation in our employee stock ownership program.
How to apply?
We encourage everyone to apply, even if they feel they might not fulfil all listed requirements fully. We’d like you to give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We’re curious to hear from you and learn what you believe you’d bring to the role and the team.
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments, and support can make a decisive difference in the interviewing process. Please let us know if you need any accommodations (specific tools, more time, additional breaks, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, and we’ll do our best to meet them.
Start a conversation by reaching out to us. Say hi, share why you’re interested in working with us, and send along with your CV.