Being a Legal Engineer with us
As a Legal Engineer, you have a solid understanding of both, the legal sector and tech. This enables you to quickly understand how problems and workflows from these sectors can be mapped into digital tools. You are a considerate, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial and sales-driven candidate with a passion for developing legal tech products and new business cases with our customers. We are looking for a person with a hands-on mentality, a talent for customer acquisition, and strong analytical skills. As a Legal Engineer, you are able to combine law and tech and provide the missing link between these two areas.
Besides your legal qualification, you have several years of experience in software development projects. While this does not necessarily mean that writing production-ready code will be the core of your job, you will need a solid understanding of how web applications work on both the frontend and the backend in order to be able to provide technical advice on an equal footing. Ideally, you also have some experience in working with various market standard tools for document analysis and automation as well as for workflow and document management. This enables you to quickly develop automation solutions which effectively combine a BRYTER workflow with other tools to leverage their full, combined potential.
Since this position is also aimed at people with a non-traditional skill set, we do not expect you to have a formal qualification in a technical discipline for the tech aspect of the role, e.g. a B.Sc. in Computer Science. What matters is your proven practical experience in executing software projects. Whether you gained this experience over the years by running side projects besides your regular job or have gone through a coding bootcamp is therefore secondary. We are instead more curious to hear about how you made the transition from your previous profession into the tech sector.
We are a remote-first Software-as-a-Service company, with people across the world. We believe that teams are more important than businesses and we are convinced that the right team can have the greatest impact. Our management team has successfully built, scaled and sold companies before and wants to create an environment where everyone can grow to their full potential and flourish.
We want our team members to take responsibility, to understand the mission and, ultimately, to be happy. That is why our organization is optimized to foster employee happiness, allowing everyone to have as much ownership, autonomy and mastery as possible. If you want to learn more about what working at BRYTER is like straight from the horse’s mouth, our CPO and Co-Founder Michael Hübl has recorded a webinar where he shares some insights into our remote-first working culture.
Being remote-first means we work extra hard to foster relationships, including daily coffees (only rule is don’t talk about work!) and an in-person get-together every quarter where we spend the time strategizing, planning as well as just talking, having fun and getting to know each other better. To date we have always done this in Frankfurt, Germany, where we have one of our offices. That’s why we sometimes call the time that we get together, on-sites. However, during the COVID-pandemic, these get-togethers have become virtual as well.
- Develop cutting-edge automation solutions for our customers
- Manage and execute projects for the development of integrated BRYTER workflows
- Development of prototype workflows on the BRYTER platform
- Develop and manage relationships with customers, partners and other key stakeholders
- Keep regular contacts with past, existing and new customers to explore new opportunities
- Travel may be required
Qualifications we would love to find
- A degree in law (J.D., LL.B., LL.M., state/bar exam or equivalent) or a related subject (e.g. business law, business/MBA)
- Professional experience in a fast-paced and competitive environment, e.g. Big Law, Big4, Finance, Tech, Consulting or startup
- Tech-savviness and experience with software development; understanding of web applications and APIs mandatory
- Ideally some experience with market standard tools for document analysis and review as well as workflow and document management
- An undeniably positive attitude and extreme dedication
- Self-motivated, proactive, hands on and able to work autonomously if required.
- Perfect proficiency in the English language – native speaker is a big plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in B2B software business is a plus
- Very strong interpersonal and analytical skills
What we offer
- The opportunity to shape global operations and support the global strategy of a hypergrowth SaaS player.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial environment that encourages and fosters career development and fast learning.
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality.
- Opportunities to build and develop your personal network.
- A competitive salary reflecting intense and demanding engagement.
- We cover up to 5 days of training or conferences per year, including travel and entrance fee
- Full remote working environment – location within CET +/- 2 hours required
Not sure whether this is the right job for you?
We know that this job has a very special requirement profile. If you are unsure whether your skills match it or if you have other skills that are not mentioned above, please contact us. Someone from our Solutions Engineering team will be happy to talk to you and answer your questions.