Being a BRYTER Open Technology Consultant
As a Technology Consultant in the BRYTER Open team, you will help non-profits build, use and integrate BRYTER. By empowering charities with the tools to build self-service applications and deliver knowledge at scale, you have the unique opportunity to have a genuine, positive social impact through technology.
As a Technology Consultant you have a varied skillset. You have technical skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple parallel projects. You are a great communicator with the ability to speak to people with almost no technical understanding on how they can use technology solutions in their organisation. In this role you will help non-profits and charities identify use cases, build solutions on BRYTER and integrate them in their front-end environments.
We are looking for someone with a basic understanding of frontend web applications and APIs. We do not expect you to have a formal qualification on the tech-side (e.g. a B.Sc. in Computer Science). What matters is some interest and experience in tech: whether that’s over years of running side projects alongside your regular job or have just been through a coding bootcamp is therefore secondary. Rather, we are curious to hear about why you are interested in tech and what you’ve done to pursue this interest.
We are looking for a person with hands-on mentality. You are a “doer”. BRYTER Open is a small, self-sufficient team within the broader BRYTER company, and is growing quickly. As such, we are looking for someone who is passionate, high-energy and willing to get stuck in.
- Working closely with non-profits and academic institutions, helping them to create highly innovative apps to scale their initiatives with BRYTER.
- Managing and prioritising a number of parallel projects.
- Managing key internal and external stakeholders and helping to develop our business as we look to scale our company
- Coordinate and conduct workshops, on-boardings, trials and training for clients and the BRYTER Open community
- Increase user engagement through product led strategies.
- Become a product expert and identify and advocate for new product features on behalf of our community, as well as working with our world-class developers to build new product features.
- Travel may be required, whether this is to engage in meetings or speak at international events and conferences.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. degree or similar.
- Tech-savviness – basic coding skills in any relevant language is a plus; basic understanding of frontend web applications and APIs mandatory.
- Experience in project management. Experience in IT project management is a plus
- Ideally 1-2 years of professional experience in fast-paced and competitive environment
- An undeniably positive attitude and extreme dedication.
- Self-motivated, proactive, hands on and able to work autonomously. Someone willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Perfect proficiency in the English language – native speaker is a big plus
- Excellent written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Love of data to track and improve your own performance
- Passionate about driving social change through technology
- Based in GMT +/- 2 time zones
Why work at BRYTER
- As a remote-first, distributed team you can work from wherever you want. The whole company gets together every quarter for a 2-day company get together. However, during the COVID-pandemic, these get-togethers have become virtual as well.
- We cover up to 5 days of training or conferences per year, including travel and entrance fee. Additionally, BRYTER covers all costs for books and online courses, based on a fair-use-policy. And all that without lengthy, complicated processes or approvals. We trust you!
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality.
- Opportunities to broaden your professional network.
- A competitive salary reflecting intense and demanding engagement.
Who are we?
We enable business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We especially cater to experts in law, finance, tax and compliance by helping them automate and standardise decision making.
What is it like to work at BRYTER?
We are a remote-first Software-as-a-Service company, with people across Europe. We believe that teams are more important than businesses and we are convinced that the right team can have the greatest impact. Our management team has successfully built, scaled and sold companies before and wants to create an environment where everyone can grow to their full potential and flourish.
We want our team members to take responsibility, to understand the mission and, ultimately, to be happy. That is why our organization is optimized to foster employee happiness, allowing everyone to have as much ownership, autonomy and mastery as possible. If you want to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth on what this means, how working at BRYTER is like, our CPO and Co-Founder Michael Hübl has recorded a webinar, where he shares a bit about our remote-first working culture.
Our employees can choose to work from home or anywhere they prefer. We encourage everyone to take part in conferences, to share their suggestions across the business and to learn. Whilst we are remote-first, we have office hubs in Berlin, Frankfurt, London, and New York.
Being remote-first means we work extra hard to foster relationships, including daily coffees (only rule is don’t talk about work!) and an in-person get-together every quarter where we spend the time strategizing, planning as well as just talking, having fun and getting to know each other better. To date we have always done this in Frankfurt, Germany, where we have one of our offices. That’s why we sometimes call the time that we get together, on-sites. However, during the COVID-pandemic, these get-togethers have become virtual as well.
Start a conversation with us! Just say hi, tell us why you’re interested in working with us and attach your CV and any portfolio material.