Being a Head of Content / Senior Content Manager with us:
As Head of Content / Senior Content Manager you will define our content strategy and goals as we further expand into the United States and globally. You are first and foremost a great storyteller and love to produce engaging, witty content. However, this is not where your skills, passion or ambition end. You have a growth mindset. You understand how impactful content can create business opportunities and how to adapt your writing to achieve this.
You will work closely with the Director of Marketing and the CEO in shaping our overall strategy. You will own the execution of everything from flagship assets like white papers, to regular content like newsletter, blog posts and more. You will work with the Design team on visuals, the SEO Manager on SEO strategy, as well as with others in the Marketing and Website team on publication and promotion.
You will lead on all content across the company, but you will still be a writer first: this job is far from middle management. You will be expected to create and produce content 90% of the time, so if you love strategy and creating, then you’ve come to the right place. This role is fundamental to our global growth strategy as we look to expand our customer base and raise our profile as a leader in the no-code automation space.
At BRYTER we are remote-first, and always have been. Being remote-first means we have invested a lot in creating our own cultural reality: one that places our team members at the center of everything. Being remote-first means we have a diverse, encouraging and hands-on culture and we are looking for a bright, high-energy individual with a passion to learn and contribute to the success of the company as a whole.
- Own the end-to-end process of producing content including identifying topics, writing and working with others in the Marketing Team on design and promotion across different channels.
- Work across the Marketing Team – product marketing, growth and PR – to provide content and copy for all external facing comms as needed for the BRYTER website, the blog, emails, sales assets / decks, landing pages and more.
- Work with customers and community members to create case studies.
- Track and analyze performance of content and share learnings.
- Build relationships with external partners for guest publications and collaborations, and contribute to those external publications.
- Optimize content (blog posts, white papers, etc) for conversion and organic leads.
- Incorporate SEO strategies into your content production process.
- Keep abreast of developments by studying papers, attending events, speaking and engaging with a community.
- Conduct research to uncover interesting and significant news.
- An expert storyteller and excellent writer and editor capable of adjusting message and tone based on the audience.
- Love for great copy and witty communication.
- Strong research skills and ability to gather and interpret data to produce content.
- Experience working in a B2B content role
- Experience building content strategies based on buyer personas and SEO analysis.
- An understanding of how to establish credibility through thought leadership.
- An understanding of how to manage and analyse content performance using tools such as Google Analytics.
- BA degree in journalism, law, business, finance or related field.
- Experience working in multi-channel content creations, e.g. journalism or publishing.
- High energy, self-starter who is willing to get stuck-in.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Preferably English native speaker.
Why work at BRYTER:
- As Senior Content Manager / Head of Content, you have the unique opportunity to be a key and strategic member of the team as we expand globally.
- As a remote-first, distributed team you can work from wherever you want. The whole company gets together every quarter for a 2-day company get together. However, during the COVID-pandemic, these get-togethers have become virtual as well.
- We cover up to 5 days of training or conferences per year, including travel and entrance fee. Additionally, BRYTER covers all costs for books and online courses, based on a fair-use-policy. And all that without lengthy, complicated processes or approvals. We trust you!
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality.
- Opportunities to broaden your professional network.
- A competitive salary reflecting intense and demanding engagement.
Who are we?
We enable business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We especially cater to experts in law, finance, tax and compliance by helping them automate and standardise decision making.
What is it like to work at BRYTER?
We are a remote-first Software-as-a-Service company, with people across Europe. We believe that teams are more important than businesses and we are convinced that the right team can have the greatest impact. Our management team has successfully built, scaled and sold companies before and wants to create an environment where everyone can grow to their full potential and flourish.
We want our team members to take responsibility, to understand the mission and, ultimately, to be happy. That is why our organization is optimized to foster employee happiness, allowing everyone to have as much ownership, autonomy and mastery as possible. If you want to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth on what this means, how working at BRYTER is like, our CPO and Co-Founder Michael Hübl has recorded a webinar, where he shares a bit about our remote-first working culture.
Our employees can choose to work from home or anywhere they prefer. We encourage everyone to take part in conferences, to share their suggestions across the business and to learn. Whilst we are remote-first, we have office hubs in Berlin, Frankfurt, London, and New York.
Being remote-first means we work extra hard to foster relationships, including daily coffees (only rule is don’t talk about work!) and an in-person get-together every quarter where we spend the time strategizing, planning as well as just talking, having fun and getting to know each other better. To date we have always done this in Frankfurt, Germany, where we have one of our offices. That’s why we sometimes call the time that we get together, on-sites. However, during the COVID-pandemic, these get-togethers have become virtual as well.
Start a conversation with us! Just say hi, tell us why you’re interested in working with us and attach your CV and any portfolio material.