Senior GRC Specialist - Remote
BRYTER is a remote-first organization which started in Germany but is now spread all over Europe and expanding into the US. Since being founded in 2018, we’ve grown to more than 175 people.
We enable business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We especially cater to experts in law, finance, tax, and compliance by helping them automate and standardize decision-making.
What you will do
Although we’re already ISO27001 certified, we’re now starting a journey to ensure our level of security maturity supports the growth of the organization, provides assurance to our customers and sets us apart from our competitors.
As our Senior GRC Specialist, you will play a key role in enabling BRYTER to grow fast while maintaining the highest security and compliance standards. You will:
- Create and own security compliance programs and lead initiatives for improving our ISO 27001 and SOC2 compliance – and advise on other programs that would help our growth.
- Work closely with our Account Executives and Customer Success Managers to provide our customers the assurance that we can safeguard their data.
- Collaborate on and implement GRC components such as policy frameworks, risk management, supplier assurance and security metrics.
- Develop and own an engaging and creative security awareness & training programme.
- Build close working relationships with IT, HR, Legal & Privacy.
What we believe you should bring
- We’re a cloud-native high-growth scaleup and balancing security maturity with business agility is vital.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing or maintaining security frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001, SOC2, NIST CSF & CIS Controls.
- A good understanding of, and some experience with, security and privacy regulations such as GDPR, CCPA and HIPPA.
- Three+ years experience of implementing most of ‘What You Will Do’! Ideally in a SaaS or a software provider environment, but if you don’t have this and can demonstrate an understanding of applicable risks and controls, then please do apply.
- The ability to communicate complex security risks and compliance requirements to non-technical staff
Benefits of working with us
Besides offering a welcoming, human-centered, flexible, remote-first workplace, we offer some additional perks to our workers as well.
Learning, conferences & training
We view continuous learning and professional development as indispensable. Therefore we provide you with a generous, yearly training and conference budget that you can use at your own discretion.
Furthermore, as a remote-first company we care that your workplace at home is safe and healthy. And so we provide a yearly allowance that you can spend on items to equip a more productive and healthy working space for you.
If you sometimes work from a co-working space, then we're happy to support you with a monthly budget.
ESOP − Employee stock ownership program
We offer optional participation in our employee stock ownership program.