Get an impression of the team:
At BRYTER, we’re serious about the future of automation and some of the world’s renowned investors are backing us on this journey. We are professionalizing our in-house finance team, and with that our approach towards accounting, payroll, budgeting, FX and investment management.
As our Senior Manager/Head of Accounting, you will have a unique opportunity to be a key contributor and grow a small team into a best-in-class accounting organization. You will plan and execute operational accounting processes and own the preparation of our monthly, quarterly and annual financials.
- Establish accounting policies and procedures for the company.
- Execute operational accounting processes and assist in the preparation of our monthly, quarterly and annual financials.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Coordinate accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll teams. Build out an in-house accounting team
- Summarize financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Avoid legal and tax challenges by complying with legal and tax requirements.
- Help with managing company’s insurance programs including preparing renewal data.
- Professionalize the finance department through ERP implementation.
- “Roll up sleeves” to perform accounting work and special projects as required.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in business administration, accounting, finance or a related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in operational accounting, audit and / or comparable positions.
- Good knowledge of HGB, IFRS accounting principles.
- Experience with B2B SaaS companies and startups is a plus.
- International experience is a plus.
- Reliable with high attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Self-starter with the drive to work in a fast-paced, ever changing, high-growth organization.
- Proficiency in English and German is required.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to shape the accounting team of a global hypergrowth SaaS player.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial environment that encourages and fosters career development and fast learning.
- Direct exposure to the founding team and other members of senior management.
- Full remote working environment.
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality.
- Opportunities to build and develop your personal network.
- A competitive salary reflecting intense and demanding engagement. Participation in the Company ESOP.
Who are we?
We enable business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We especially cater to experts in law, finance, tax and compliance by helping them automate and standardise decision making.
What is it like to work at BRYTER?
We are a remote-first Software-as-a-Service company, with people across Europe. We believe that teams are more important than businesses and we are convinced that the right team can have the greatest impact. Our management team has successfully built, scaled and sold companies before and wants to create an environment where everyone can grow to their full potential and flourish.
We want our team members to take responsibility, to understand the mission and, ultimately, to be happy. That is why our organization is optimized to foster employee happiness, allowing everyone to have as much ownership, autonomy and mastery as possible. If you want to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth on what this means, how working at BRYTER is like, our CPO and Co-Founder Michael Hübl has recorded a webinar, where he shares a bit about our remote-first working culture.
Our employees can choose to work from home or anywhere they prefer. We encourage everyone to take part in conferences, to share their suggestions across the business and to learn. Whilst we are remote-first, we have office hubs in Berlin, Frankfurt, London, and New York.
Being remote-first means we work extra hard to foster relationships, including daily coffees (only rule is don’t talk about work!) and an in-person get-together every quarter where we spend the time strategizing, planning as well as just talking, having fun and getting to know each other better. To date we have always done this in Frankfurt, Germany, where we have one of our offices. That’s why we sometimes call the time that we get together, on-sites. However, during the COVID-pandemic, these get-togethers have become virtual as well.
Start a conversation with us! Just say hi, tell us why you’re interested in working with us and attach your CV and any portfolio material.