Get an Impression of the Team:
We are a lean finance team, preparing for continued hypergrowth. Currently most of our accounting processes are outsourced and we are looking to bring those in-house over time. You will be the first finance and accounting analyst to join a small finance team and provide the financial backbone for strategic insight. You will get the chance to take on various responsibilities: from general bookkeeping and management reporting, to solving vendor-related issues, improving billing processes and implementing our new ERP system. We are always on the lookout to improve our infrastructure and make processes scalable. You are someone who wants to take the next career step and be a key contributor to grow with a small team into a best-in-class finance organization.
At BRYTER we are remote-first, and always have been. Being remote-first means we have invested a lot in creating our own cultural reality: one that places our team members at the center of everything. Being remote-first means we have a diverse, encouraging and hands-on culture and we are looking for a bright, high-energy individual with a passion to learn and contribute to the success of the company as a whole.
- Conducting general (HGB) bookkeeping and preparing management accounts
- Working closely with regional managers to improve operational finance processes
- Assisting the implementation and integration of our ERP (NetSuite)
- Resolving open vendor related issues with internal and external parties (open balances, improving billing processes, etc.)
- Providing advice on transfer pricing, foreign currencies and consolidation
- Master data correctness and reliability
- Continuously looking for ways to create scalable and automated processes
- You can solve problems pro-actively
- You work independently and in a structured way
- You promote a strong sense of urgency to reach goals and key deliverables
You have more than 2 years of experience with accounting, especially the following topics:
- Sound HGB knowledge
- Cost center implementation for management reporting
- Invoicing and billing (price-to-cash)
- Revenue recognition
- Basic consolidation
- You have solid knowledge of VAT and foreign currencies (FCT)
- You are fluent in German and English
- You have a profound understanding of accounting at SaaS (technology) companies
- You have experience with NetSuite or a similar larger ERP system is a big plus
- You are based in CET +/-3h time zones.
Why work at BRYTER:
- We are a remote-first company with offices in Berlin, Frankfurt, London and New York
- Opportunities for growth and career development. Our finance team is very lean and will expand more over time. You can be one of the first and create a lasting impact
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality
- We cover up to 5 days of training or conferences per year, including travel and entrance fee. Additionally, BRYTER covers all costs for books and online courses, based on a fair-use-policy. And all that without lengthy, complicated processes or approvals. We trust you!
- Work with experienced entrepreneurs and benefit from their experience and know-how
- Participation in scaling a great product to global reach with extremely fast growth
- Opportunities to broaden your professional network.
- A competitive salary reflecting intense and demanding engagement
Who are we?
We enable business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We especially cater to experts in law, finance, tax and compliance by helping them automate and standardise decision making.
What is it like to work at BRYTER?
We are a remote-first Software-as-a-Service company, with people across Europe. We believe that teams are more important than businesses and we are convinced that the right team can have the greatest impact. Our management team has successfully built, scaled and sold companies before and wants to create an environment where everyone can grow to their full potential and flourish.
We want our team members to take responsibility, to understand the mission and, ultimately, to be happy. That is why our organization is optimized to foster employee happiness, allowing everyone to have as much ownership, autonomy and mastery as possible. If you want to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth on what this means, how working at BRYTER is like, our CPO and Co-Founder Michael Hübl has recorded a webinar, where he shares a bit about our remote-first working culture.
Our employees can choose to work from home or anywhere they prefer. We encourage everyone to take part in conferences, to share their suggestions across the business and to learn. Whilst we are remote-first, we have office hubs in Berlin, Frankfurt, London, and New York.
Being remote-first means we work extra hard to foster relationships, including daily coffees (only rule is don’t talk about work!) and an in-person get-together every quarter where we spend the time strategizing, planning as well as just talking, having fun and getting to know each other better. To date we have always done this in Frankfurt, Germany, where we have one of our offices. That’s why we sometimes call the time that we get together, on-sites. However, during the COVID-pandemic, these get-togethers have become virtual as well.
Start a conversation with us! Just say hi, tell us why you’re interested in working with us and attach your CV and any portfolio material.