Working with Us:
You will oversee BRYTER’s day-to-day accounting operations for all entities and make sure our entities keep correct records according to local GAAPs and subsequent conversion to IFRS including accounting policies. Working in a dynamic and very fast-moving tech business, the role requires the individual to be a fast learner and open-minded about evolving finance to support the needs of BRYTER as we grow.
This is an amazing opportunity for you to shape your role whilst we build BRYTER’s Finance function to be best-in-class. As this is a newly created role, you will have the chance to make this your own and decide where you want to go with it.
Where we hire:
While we are a remote first company, we are currently eligible to hire FTE in the following countries: Germany, UK, US, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Serbia, Spain, and Switzerland. We do intend on expanding this list to the new territories, as our company scales in the future, so please do keep in touch with us, even if you are not based in those countries. This role is specific to Germany.
As BRYTER is growing very fast, below is not an exhaustive list but only a snapshot of what you’ll get do to:
- Responsibility for monthly, consolidated group accounts according to IFRS and support with local GAAPs, especially HGB
- Develop and maintain month-end and year-end schedules as well as checklists and processes together with Financial Accountant
- Manage year-end reporting for local entities according to local regulations as well as help-out on tax filings (US/UK/DE)
- Draft accounting policies for local GAAPs as well as IFRS reporting down the line
- Support with the implementation of those policies for efficient operational handling (Asset tracking, R&D policy/calculation, Share based payments, etc.)
- Reconcile our international payroll accounts monthly/yearly and support with local payroll queries
- Support with tax queries for individual countries
- Manage audit on day-to-day basis and be main point of contact for auditors
What we are looking for:
- You’ll be educated to degree-level in a business-related subject or have other comparable commercial education. Ideally with advanced education in accounting/taxation
- You have several years of experience in a Controller function, ideally within a tech environment
- You have worked with IFRS and HGB accounting standards for an extensive amount of time
- You have successfully managed several audits in the past
- You have an interest in finance and a strong work ethic and attitude
- Due to the nature of the business, you will need to be very IT literate and have good Excel and broader Microsoft Office skills. Netsuite knowledge is a plus.
- Your written and spoken German and English is excellent
- You are based in CET +/- 3 time zones.
- You are enthusiastic, driven, willing and able to learn quickly to develop yourself and your skill set over time.
- You are well organized, structured, and hard-working. You are able to work autonomously as well as collaboratively maintaining high levels of service and strong attention to detail.
- You want to contribute to growing a small admin & finance team to a best-in-class team.
What we offer:
- We are a remote-first company with offices in London, Boston, New York, Berlin, Frankfurt, Paris, and Dublin.
- Opportunities for growth and career development. Our Finance team is growing fast, and you will build it together with us.
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality.
- We cover up to 5 days of training or conferences per year, including travel and entrance fee. Additionally, BRYTER covers all costs for books and online courses, based on a fair-use policy. And all that without lengthy, complicated processes or approvals. We trust you!
- Work with experienced entrepreneurs and benefit from their experience and know-how.
- Participation in scaling a great product to global reach with extremely fast growth.
- Opportunities to broaden your professional network.
- A competitive salary reflecting intense and demanding engagement. Participation in the Company ESOP.
Who are we?
We supercharge services by enabling business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We cater to, among others, experts in law, finance, tax, and compliance by helping them automate and standardize decision making.