👨🏻🏫 Team Information Security
👥 Employees 200+
🧭 Time zone CET +/-4h
🕒 Working hours Flexible 40 hours/week
💼 Job Full-time
About the team you are going to join
BRYTER is industry leading because we listen to our customers and provide best-in-class service. Our collaborative and pragmatic security capability is a natural by-product of the service that the Technology & Security Team provides to our colleagues and, thereby, our customers. We do this by understanding the needs, objectives and challenges of our colleagues and helping them however we can; whilst keeping risks to an acceptable level.
The Technology & Security Team includes IT, GRC, Security Engineering and Security Operations. Cloud Security is part of Security Engineering, alongside Application Security and Security Architecture.
We are a cloud-native hyper-scaleup and that brings with it all the challenges and excitement a security professional can wish for. We are on a mission to build a modern forward thinking security function that will support and enable BRYTER as it continues to take the no-code world by storm!
What you will do
As our Principal Cloud Security Engineer you will be responsible for helping us to better secure our SaaS and ensuring our security posture is as industry leading as our product itself.
You will be part of a highly collaborative team and work directly with engineers to enable them to keep our customers’ data safe. This is a really exciting time to join us and an opportunity for you to shape and own CloudSec at BRYTER. You will:
- Develop and own our cloud security roadmap and maintain a mature security posture.
- Provide cloud security guidance and training to our Engineering teams, including architectural reviews.
- Explore and implement cloud-native security tooling.
- Work closely with Security Operations to monitor and respond to detected incidents and vulnerabilities.
- Build scripts to automate security into our deployment pipelines.
- Maintain compliance with security and regulatory requirements such as ISO 27001, SOC 2 and GDPR.
What we are looking for
- You must be able to build rapport and trusting relationships with your peers and team members, in an all-remote setting.
- You must be comfortable working within ambiguity and be able to create clarity for your team and peers.
- A champion of shifting security left (DevSecOps) and empowering other teams.
- Relevant AWS security experience covering architecture and engineering. If you only have experience in GCP or Azure, then we would still love to hear from you.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS security services such as Guard Duty, Security Hub, Inspector, IAM etc. (Or Azure/GCP equivalents)
- Familiarity with modern environments and practices e.g. CI/CD, Docker and Kubernetes, IaC and microservice architecture.
- Practical understanding of and experience with cloud security principles (NIST, CSA, MITRE).
- Demonstrable experience with security automation and configuration of cloud security tools.
- AWS Certified Security Speciality would be great, but real-world experience is what matters most.
Benefit & Perks
🌴 Generous vacation days
🎤 Time off every year for professional learning & growth
📕 Learning expenses
🖥 Personal budget home office equipment
🕛 Flexible working hours
BRYTER is the no-code service automation platform that enables business experts to build digital applications. The truly no-code platform gives enterprise teams the tools to build self-service applications to provide faster, more accurate services to their colleagues, without programming.
BRYTER is especially geared to professionals in law, compliance, accounting and finance, who use the software to automate complex, recurring decisions and scenarios.
Global brands from McDonald's and ING, through to professional service firms like Deloitte, PwC, and KPMG, use BRYTER to deliver services digitally. BRYTER is a remote-first company with hubs in New York, London, Frankfurt, and Berlin.
What's important to us
Watch a webinar of our Chief Product Officer, where he shares some of the practices and rituals that make our remote-first working culture special.
We hired you because we trust you. We as founders and we as co-workers.
We trust each other to openly communicate our thoughts, make fast decisions and contribute to an environment that encourages others to do so. Our default-to-yes principle empowers everyone to be a leader and to take ownership.
We trust you because you are awesome, and we want to work with awesome people but also because we believe you have the knowledge and expertise to do great things at BRYTER.
We want you to take ownership and agency quite simply. If you sense something which can be improved, we expect you to follow this feeling and just do it. We empower everyone to make decisions.
We support you in your individual journey to grow. Not only by providing challenging work, people around you who you can learn from, but also through a personal conference and training budget.
We strive for collaboration and co-creation. We embrace that when you want to get something done you just reach out to your co-workers and ask for help, advice, feedback, and support.
We believe in the positive impact of cross-functional collaboration where everybody works together in a structured way (that prevents chaos). We call these cross-functional groups our Units.
We leverage this by working together in a Network Organization that is connecting competence (not a hierarchy of authority) and where information flows fluidly throughout the organization.
We are team players and we believe in the power of cross-functional units. We make ownership and processes explicit in order to improve continuously. We have practices and rituals in place that help us reflect and improve continuously.