Working with Us:
You will support all aspects of BRYTER’s revenue recognition, intercompany (IC) transactions, and be responsible for month-end reporting for our German entity. Working in a dynamic and very fast-moving tech business, the role requires the individual to be a fast learner and open-minded about evolving finance to support the needs of BRYTER as we grow.
This is an amazing opportunity for you to shape your role whilst we build BRYTER’s Finance function to be best-in-class. As this is a newly created role, you will have the chance to make this your own and decide where you want to go with it.
You will be responsible for month-end reporting and make sure our balance sheet in our German entity is in tip-top shape by:
- Developing and maintaining an internal checklist for month-end
- Reconciling all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and substantiate balances where necessary, reviewing every account for completeness and accuracy to maintain a strong financial control culture
- Liaising with the finance assistant regarding debtors and creditors
- Reconciling all PnL accounts on a monthly basis and providing insights into variances
- Ensuring our books meet HGB standards
You will ensure we recognize the correct amount of revenue by:
- Liaising with the legal and sales team to ensure invoices are sent to clients as requested
- Managing the revenue rec module in Netsuite based on sales invoices and other input
- Managing deferred and accrued revenue schedules in Netsuite
You will support the team with various other tasks such as:
- Reconciling all IC accounts, calculating amounts to be invoiced and issuing invoices as per agreed schedules
- Monthly checking and submitting of VAT returns
- Assisting in general German tax queries
- Assisting with the annual audit
- Maintaining financial records and filing systems, ensuring they are audit-ready
What we are looking for:
- You’ll be educated to degree-level in a business-related subject or have other comparable commercial education. Ideally with advanced education in accounting/taxation.
- You have several years of relevant professional experience in the fields of accounting and financial statement preparation according to Germany's HGB, ideally within a tech environment.
- You have an interest in finance and a strong work ethic and attitude
- Due to the nature of the business, you will need to be very IT literate and have good Excel and broader Microsoft Office skills. Netsuite knowledge is a plus.
- Your written and spoken German and English is excellent
- You are based in CET +/- 3 time zones.
- You are enthusiastic, driven, willing and able to learn quickly to develop yourself and your skill set over time.
- You are well organized, structured, and hard-working. You are able to work autonomously as well as collaboratively maintaining high levels of service and strong attention to detail.
- You want to contribute to growing a small admin & finance team to a best-in-class organization.
What we offer:
- We are a remote-first company with offices in London, Boston, New York, Berlin, Frankfurt, and Dublin.
- Opportunities for growth and career development. Our Finance team is growing fast, and you will build it together with us.
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality.
- We cover up to 5 days of training or conferences per year, including travel and entrance fee. Additionally, BRYTER covers all costs for books and online courses, based on a fair-use policy. And all that without lengthy, complicated processes or approvals. We trust you!
- Work with experienced entrepreneurs and benefit from their experience and know-how.
- Participation in scaling a great product to global reach with extremely fast growth.
- Opportunities to broaden your professional network.
- A competitive salary reflecting intense and demanding engagement. Participation in the Company ESOP.
Who are we?
We supercharge services by enabling business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We cater to, among others, experts in law, finance, tax, and compliance by helping them automate and standardize decision making.