As an IT Support Specialist at BRYTER, you’re part of a new team that’s being set up. You’ll work on the Trust and Security area, and closely with the security and people teams, and cross-functionally with all other areas and teams at BRYTER.
Your mission is to ensure that everyone at BRYTER can do their work as effectively and efficiently as possible, without IT getting in the way. That is, you’ll ensure the systems we’re working with internally are working as needed, and you support our employees and partners in using them effectively, investigating issues and ultimately solving problems.
This role is support and service desk oriented.
What you’ll do
- Support the business, IT Engineers, and Security team in handling miscellaneous issues and tickets that may arise during their implementation of IAM, SSO, MFA, MDM, Endpoint Protection, Access Control, MFA, and Software Based VPNs
- Provide technical assistance and support to incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware via Slack, email, ticketing, or in-person for employees, contingent workers, and vendors
- Create, maintain, and update a company wide IT knowledge base
- Walk through problem-solving processes with BRYTER employees, conducting follow up to ensure issues have been resolved
- Collaborate with the IT Engineer, people team, and security team on provisioning and deprovisioning software, accounts, and hardware
- Support and maintain core SaaS workplace applications tools
- Onboard new hires and offer first day and week support, as well as assist in offboarding tasks
- Train new hires in software they may be unfamiliar with
- Host trainings – showing employee’s how to secure their home network, correctly setup password manager, and overall improve IT and Security hygiene
- Remotely Supporting and troubleshooting software and hardware based
- Remotely Supporting and maintaining core cloud-based SaaS workplace applications tools
- Troubleshooting OS based technical issues with a mixed environment of Apple, Windows, and Linux devices
- Managing a ticketing system and prioritizing tickets
- Provisioning and deprovisioning core workplace SaaS applications according to procedures and policies set by security
- Automating processes
- A basic understanding of cloud security, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android device security – and explaining to end users the WHY behind policies and procedures set by Security
- Previously working in IT Support or related role
- supported Access Control, MFA, and software based VPN’s
- Understanding of compliance and security-based standards, certifications, and regulations: ISO/IEC 27001, SOC 2, GDPR (or at least can explain what these are understand their importance)
- Understanding of basic security standards and organisational security policies
- Certifications – A+, Network+, Security+, Cloud+ MS-100, MS-101, MS-500, SC-200, SC-300 or at least have finished similar courses
Essential ways of working
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Managing your own time
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Always looking for ways to improve service quality with creative ideas
- Good prioritisation and management of workload
- Great empathetic communication skills
What we’re looking for
Let’s start off by saying what we don’t require: we don’t need you to have any specific degree.
And while we’re looking for someone who has done a similar job already, in order to operate effectively within the working environment that’s already in place, we’re not looking for a specific “years of experience” or the likes.
At the same time, we require you to be eager to take ownership. Everyone at BRYTER operates with a high degree of autonomy and this role is no exception. We need you to be pro-active about your work, and the problems and the challenges that you see in your working field.
Other than that we look forward to you adding to and enriching our human-centred culture with your experience and whatever else you want to bring to the table.
BRYTER is an all-remote organization, that started in Germany, but is now spread all over Europe and right now expanding into the US.
We enable business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We especially cater to experts in law, finance, tax and compliance by helping them automate and standardize decision making.
Want to know more about what working at BRYTER looks like? Take a peek at our Careers page. 🚀
How to apply?
Start a conversation by reaching out to us. Say hi, share why you’re interested in working with us and send along your CV.