BRYTER is a young yet leading software company in decision automation. We aim to change the way people make decisions in complex and business-critical scenarios. Our no-code building platform combines great usability with intelligent technology to enable our clients to build and use automation apps in their day-to-day business. We help all knowledge-intensive industries to make their daily business more efficient and transparent and automate whatever is burdensome and boring. Our clients are big companies, banks, consultancies and law firms across the globe.
We believe that teams are more important than businesses and are convinced that the right team can have the greatest impact. Our management has successfully built, scaled and sold companies before, and are creating an environment where everyone can flourish and grow to their full potential.
We want our team members to take responsibility, to understand the mission and ultimately: to be happy at work and home. That is why we optimize our organization for happiness, allowing everyone to have as much ownership, autonomy and mastery as possible. We allow our people to work from home or anywhere else, and we encourage everyone to take part in conferences, to speak up and to learn.
Our team consists of highly experienced and motivated people in our offices in Berlin, Frankfurt and London. We are currently looking for a Key Account Manager who lives in or close to the German market and speaks both German and English at a native or fluent level.
Being a Key Account Manager with us
We are looking for a highly client-centric, incredibly bright, energetic individual with a passion to learn and the ambition to be a key part of our global expansion strategy. The position of Key Account Manager is central to the success of our Commercial team. As a Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for the commercial and strategic elements of our client relationships.
Ideally, you will be a considerate, bright, forward-thinking, and high-spirited candidate (bi-lingual English and German is a plus) with a passion for building and managing complex relationships with our exceptional client base (including, global law firms, banks, consultancies and top-tier corporates).
You will play an integral, ambassadorial role in managing key client relationships, nurturing and strengthening them and becoming a trusted advisor. You will understand how our product – a highly innovative no-code building platform that allows lawyers and other experts to build digital apps – can add value to our clients’ businesses. You’ll be leading relationships with a mixture of law firms and in-house teams in your day-to-day work, which is why we are looking for candidates with a strong legal or business background.
The role demands someone who is passionate about the adoption of technology in the legal space, understands the organizational structure of our clients, and is experienced and comfortable dealing with the commercial and contractual aspects of our relationships. You will demonstrate a good track record of building strong client relationships, acting as an ambassador for your organization and driving revenue in a software as a service (SaaS) business.
Above all, we are looking for a strong communicator, who is able to collaborate effectively internally and externally to achieve business results. You are also able to think of creative solutions for complex business problems. We are looking for someone with a consultative mindset, a highly professional attitude and a strong commercial drive. The success of our business is built on forging strong partnerships with our clients and as a Key Account Manager you will be ideally placed to maximise the value our clients receive.
You will be working as part of the global Commercial team, alongside a broader team of Pre-Sales Engineers and Sales Representatives, Business Services Advisors and Customer Success Managers. The ideal candidate for this role will have worked in the legal, finance or consultancy field in some capacity, with a passion for technology and client service delivery.
- Leading the strategic implementation and advisory discussions with a number of our global key clients.
- Developing strong client relationships as a trusted advisor and taking ownership of these relationships.
- Working with and providing strategic guidance to client-dedicated Customer Success Managers as well as our clients.
- Leading commercial discussions regarding contract renewals and upselling with a number of key client accounts you are responsible for managing.
- Experience managing a client book and driving revenue from an existing customer base is required.
- Understand the challenges of and opportunities for your key client accounts and devise customized key account plans to implement a strategy for success.
- Managing key internal and external stakeholders and helping to develop our client strategy and product as we continue to scale our company.
- Become an expert BRYTER adoption strategist and client liaison, working with a dedicated Customer Success Manager to identify and advocate for new product features on behalf of our clients, as well as feeding back important feature enhancement information to our world-class developers to help build new product features.
- Travel may be required, whether this is to engage in client meetings or speak at international events and conferences.
Qualifications we would love to see
- Demonstrable experience in developing strong client relationships with the attitude required to learn.
- Ideally 2-3 years of professional experience in a fast-paced and competitive environment, e.g. BigLaw, Big4 firm or equivalent.
- Experience working in a SaaS business and developing client relationships.
- B.A./B.Sc./M.Sc. degree or similar, in law, finance or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a ‘self-starting’ environment. A builder, not a follower. Someone willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- German native speaker, fluent in English.
- Experienced in implementing feedback, and dedicated to consistently improving your craft.
- Thrive in a client-facing role and passion for problem-solving.
- Strong client-focus in your day-to-day efforts.
- Love of data to track and improve your own performance and that of the Commercial team. Good attention to detail.
In order to be close to our markets and avoid unnecessary travel we’re currently looking for German speaking candidates (with excellent oral and written proficiency in English) who live in or close to Germany.
What we offer
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial environment that allows and fosters career development and fast learning.
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality.
- Opportunities to broaden your professional network.
- Work with experienced entrepreneurs and benefit from their experience and know-how.
- Participation in scaling a great product globally with extremely rapid growth.
- A competitive salary and incentive package reflecting the level of intense and demanding engagement.
Start a conversation with us! Just say hi, tell us why you’re interested in working with us and attach your CV and any portfolio material.