Digital applications built with BRYTER GDPR compliance software, allow compliance teams to ensure that the right processes are being applied and maintained across the organization.
Table of contents
What is GDPR and what does it stand for?
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation. It is the EU law on data protection and privacy for all individual citizens of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) and came into force on 25 May 2018. GPDR also addresses the transfer of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to individuals over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
Who does GDPR apply to? Key challenges
GDPR applies to any organisation operating within the EU. However, there are some key challenges that all businesses face when it comes to GDPR compliance, these include:
- Adhering to Article 25 of the GDPR, which requires data protection to be designed into the development of business processes for products and services.
- A lack of consistency across the organisation in dealing with data compliance
- Lack of automation: majority of tasks and processes are still manual and paper-based which means valuable time and cost is incurred during compliance matters
- Lack of IT: Departments outside of IT and legal may struggle with resources to deal with GDPR
- Limited reach: The lack of automation results in a limited reach and day-to-day application of GDPR policies in the business
- Lack of transparency: Manual and paper-based processes are slow and difficult to track
- Increased risk: The lack of transparency results in potentially higher unknown risks that a compliance process has not been followed
- Lack of KPIs: Without a digitized process, compliance functions struggle to appropriately measure their performance metrics, impact on the business and develop a reporting structure
What is GDPR compliance software?
GDPR software is a management tool that facilitates the management of customer data, consent forms, and data security. By enabling data privacy automation, BRYTER helps organisations to build GDPR into the development of business processes for products and services without the need for programming expertise. When processes are designed with a GDPR compliance checklist in mind, organisations can demonstrate accountability more swiftly, and show that they are compliant or working towards compliance.
In addition, BRYTER no-code platform can help to process requests regarding an individual’s personal data in a fast, transparent and efficient way – ensuring compliance with GDPR.
Using BRYTER no-code app builder, employees can ensure they are adhering to their organisation’s overall compliance framework and process across the organisation, streamline the handling of compliance matters, and collaborate with all stakeholders across business units. Ultimately, this allows compliance teams to ensure that the right processes and policies are being applied and maintained across the organization.
How BRYTER can help with GDPR compliance
BRYTER can help you streamline data breach reporting and GDPR compliance easily. Here is how:
- Create a Subject Access Request Assistant to enable organizations to easily gather all information necessary to verify a person’s identity, find their data and records on their systems, and respond to a request within the statutory timeframe.
- Scenario-based: BRYTER can automate highly interdependent and conditional scenarios typical for GDPR compliance work including data breach assistants
- Impact: BRYTER offers rich user analytics to understand how business users are interacting with your compliance applications
- Customized output: BRYTER GDPR Cyber Security Checklist Generator combines logic with content to generate bespoke outputs such as documents, reports, emails and more.
- Connected: BRYTER can connect to existing IT-infrastructure and data bases to formulate structured data
- Integrated: BRYTER is interoperable and integrates with all major tech providers to enable you to create integrated solutions for your compliance needs
- Enterprise-ready: BRYTER meets the highest standards of performance and security
Should you want to find out more about how you can quickly and easily build self-service apps without coding skills, book a demo with one of BRYTER experts today. Alternatively, have a look at our Legal Operations and Workflow Automation guides to understand how you can make legal processes more efficient.